Tel Aviv University
invites you to a special international event honoring
CHANGEMAKERS – PHILANTHROPISTS – STANLEY CUP WINNERS
SUSAN & HENRY SAMUELI
and their commitment
to technology, education, health and Israel
Los Angeles, CA
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 North Sepulveda Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Join Tel Aviv University to honor Susan and Henry Samueli.
All applicable tax receipts will be issued with the maximum allowable amounts.
• • •
For more information, contact the
Montreal Office – Heather Mlynarski at 514.344.3417 ext. 351 or email email@example.com
Toronto Office – Karen Goldstein at 416.787.9930 ext. 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our offices for more information on purchasing a Journal Ad.
Environmental Symposium – Cleantech and the Battle Against Climate Change
Will be held at Beverly Hills City Hall on December 12th, 12pm-2pm
The symposium will be featuring:
- Prof. Colin Price – Head of the Porter School of Environment and Erath Sciences.
- Mr. Aaron Tartakovsky – an entrepreneur in the field of water-treatments, a TAU alumnus,and an AFTAU board member.
- Mr. David Nahai – former CEO and Commission President of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, former Chairman of the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control, and former Senior Advisor to the Clinton Climate Initiative.
Honoring Susan and Henry Samueli.
On December 12th, 6:30pm – reception / cocktails, 7:00pm – dinner
Amazing Israeli director, actor and singer, Noa Tishby will be our MC for the evening!
We are so excited to share that the creators and writers of Fauda – Avi Issacharoff and Lior Raz – will be joining us as speakers for the gala!
Fauda is a TV series, aired in Israel during 2015 and gained international success, and is now available on Netflix.
Avi is an alum of TAU and is a journalist, he’s a middle east analyst for The Times of Israel and Walla. Also the Palestinians and Arab affairs correspondent for Ha’aretz.
Lior is also the lead actor in the series, he won the Israeli Academy Award for his performance in the show.
Film & Media Symposium
On December 13th, 10am-12pm, at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills.
- Dr. Shmuel Duvdevani – researcher and professor at the Tisch School of Film and Television, journalist and “Ynet” film critic.
- Two of our successful alumni
– Ms. Elite Zexer – creator of the full-length film “Sand Storm”. The film won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival, as well as Best Film Award at the Ophir Awards, and it was selected as the Israeli entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards.
– Mr. Lior Geller – an Israeli-American writer, director and producer of the short film “Roads”, the film was nominated for an Academy Award and Emmy Award. It played at over 60 festivals in 36 countries, winning 24 awards (Guinness World Record for most prizes awarded for a short student film), including top prizes at the Jerusalem Film Festival, the Beijing Film Festival and from the International Association of Film Schools.
Our host hotel – The Peninsula in Beverly Hills. For reservation with the group’s special rate please provide group number AMER121018.