2017 Board of Governors Meeting
Join us on May 17-21 for Tel Aviv University’s annual International Board of Governors Meeting
Date: Wednesday, May 17 – Sunday, May 21
Location: Tel Aviv University
Now that Tel Aviv University has entered its 7th decade, we are more ready than ever to pursue the unknown. Since we celebrated together last May at the 60th Anniversary Board of Governors meeting, the University has been growing in leaps and bounds in every dimension.
You, our governors, have supported us like never before. You have generously put your passions into action by providing funding for a wide range of projects that will help bring and keep us at the forefront of research in brain sciences, sports medicine, regenerative medicine, social sciences, nanotechnology, communications, anthropology, innovation and much more.
We hope this upward spike will continue to grow each year to enable us to reach our Capital Campaign goal of $1 billion by 2023.
The 2017 Board of Governors meeting will be held on . This year our honorary doctorate and other award recipients hail from 7 countries and have each made an important global impact. You will have a fabulous time at our exclusive party previewing the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History; you will be briefed by our researchers and by world leaders, participate in plenary discussions and committees, enjoy the Tel Aviv beach breeze, private Shabbat dinner hosted by our local governors, and much more. If you will still be in Israel on Tuesday, May 23, you are invited to a concert with the Buchmann-Mehta Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro Zubin Mehta.
Come to our Board of Governors meeting to enjoy it all. We promise you will leave inspired.
Here’s what we have in store:
- outstanding honorary doctorate and other award recipients hailing from 7 countries
- an exclusive Night at the Museum previewing the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History before it’s official opening
- briefings by top researchers and world leaders
- cocktails in the Tel Aviv beach breeze
- private Shabbat dinner hosted by a local governor
- the prestigious Dan David Prize,
- a concert with the Buchmann-Mehta Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro Zubin Mehta
- and much more, all in a spirit of camaraderie with fellow governors from around the world.
Find addtional info at the Tel Aviv University Website