DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
(Ottawa, Quebec & Atlantic Canada)
Join our team!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive and sustainable fundraising program to identify, cultivate, and secure gifts and steward donors to Tel Aviv University (TAU) through CFTAU. Fundraising initiatives must include major, planned and annual giving programs, philanthropic grants, considering TAU’s current Global Capital Campaign.
- While securing gifts in support of TAU, increase public understanding of CFTAU’s mission to acquire financial support for its programs and TAU projects as established by the Executive Director, CFTAU’s Regional Board of Directors and the University.
- Play a critical role in developing relationships on behalf of the University and in creating and fostering a philanthropic culture with the Association’s different constituents, including Young Professionals and TAU Alumni.
- Create awareness of TAU presence in the region – doing so will require strong fundraising and alumni relations and event planning to develop the role as the primary resource development liaison of TAU and CFTAU.
Ready for a new challenge? Download the full job description and contact info here!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fundraising certifications, customer service training an asset; experience in fundraising practices related to major gift and leadership giving is desirable, including Moves Management, Foundation and annual campaign experience.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in a similar fundraising position.
- Proven track record in developing solid donor relations.
- Experience in higher education fundraising is desirable.
- Independent self-starter, enthusiastic, resourceful and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls. Organized and exhibits follow through on tasks and goals. Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence.
- Superior written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience in prospect research.
- Strategic thinking ability and proven tactical deployment ability
- Demonstrated excellence in English and French communication skills (oral and written, including public speaking).
- Fluency in Hebrew language is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in social networking and associated platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please forward your CV/résumé, in confidence, to SHORE & Associates:
Barbara Shore: firstname.lastname@example.org – 514-878-3100 and
Michel Ohayon: email@example.com – 514-878-4777