DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
(Ottawa, Quebec & Atlantic Canada)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for resource development, donor relations, communications, events and the advancement of CFTAU toward its mission by collaboratively developing and implementing strategies that generate awareness, relationships, engagement and financial support from within our constituency and the broader public.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive and sustainable fundraising program to identify, cultivate, and secure gifts and steward donors to Tel Aviv University (TAU) through CFTAU.
- While securing gifts in support of TAU, increase public understanding of CFTAU’s mission to acquire financial support for its programs and TAU projects as established by the Executive Director, CFTAU’s Regional Board of Directors and the University.
- Play a critical role in developing relationships on behalf of the University and in creating and fostering a philanthropic culture with the Association’s different constituents, including Young Professionals and TAU Alumni.
- Create awareness of TAU presence in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fundraising certifications, customer service training an asset; experience in fundraising practices is desirable, including Moves Management, Foundation and Annual Campaign experience.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in a similar position.
- Proven track record in developing solid donor relations.
- Independent self-starter, enthusiastic, resourceful and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls. Organized and exhibits follow through on tasks and goals. Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence.
- Superior written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Strategic thinking ability and proven tactical deployment ability
- Demonstrated excellence in English and French communication skills (oral and written, including public speaking).
- Fluency in Hebrew language is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in social networking and associated platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Please forward your CV/résumé, in confidence, to SHORE & Associates: Michel Ohayon: firstname.lastname@example.org – 514-878-4777