DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL PROGRAMS & DEVELOPMENT
(Ontario & Western Canada)
Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University, Ontario & Western Canada (CFTAU) is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Director of Annual Programs & Development to be responsible for our annual, event and alumni fundraising strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity, and it is an exciting time to join CFTAU. The University is in the middle of a $1Billion global campaign and locally we have seen increased activity across our region translating into year over year growth. Working with our colleagues in Israel we continue to make investments in our infrastructure and as we move forward we see the potential for the expansion of our annual programs, alumni and major gift efforts in Toronto and across our region.
Working alongside and reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Annual Programs & Development will identify, cultivate, and solicit individual and foundation donors, primarily in Toronto and across our region as required as well as the development and execution of annual fundraising events and alumni engagement strategies. The Director will be responsible for creating the work plans and tactics to grow our annual programs and for the results of these programs. The Director will also partner closely with the Executive Director and colleagues in Israel on other related fundraising and stewardship activities.
The position is based at our mid-town Toronto office. The Director will also grow, support and nurture a current group of volunteers.
The Ideal Candidate
High-energy and proactive, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer. The successful candidate will be a quick learner who is comfortable with a fast-paced environment. A strong planner with exceptional time management and organizational skills, the Director of Annual Programs & Development will be consistent, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure.
Possessing initiative, curiosity and strong follow through, the Director will be tenacious about uncovering prospects and connections to build our prospect pipeline. The ideal candidate will have experience in donor strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as well as generalist experience in other areas of fundraising including but not limited to event management.
The Director will have confidence, polish, and a high level of professionalism. The new incumbent will have a strong knowledge and understanding of the philanthropic environment in Toronto, and previous experience working with donors in the Jewish community.
Discretion, tact, and judgment are all essential in this role. An articulate and proactive communicator, the ideal candidate will possess strong listening, speaking, and writing skills, as well as experience with proposal development.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative and dependable, and willing to engage proactively with others across the country and around the world as part of our global network to share, learn, ideate, and find solutions together.
Since we are a growing organization, the Director must be flexible and willing to pitch in when needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in effectively engaging, supporting, and encouraging volunteers. As a strong partner for our volunteers, the Director will work alongside the Executive Director and independently to clarify the purpose, strategy, and goals of committees, and ensure volunteers are informed and up-to-date. The Director will help to guide volunteers in opening doors and will ensure follow-up in a timely and professional manner.
Goal-orientated and motivated to achieve targets, the successful candidate will have a track record in identifying prospects, developing relationships, and closing gifts or business deals. The Director will bring an entrepreneurial mindset and a disciplined approach to all that they do. The ideal candidate will be optimistic and comfortable with stretch goals, yet at the same time able to forecast revenues and manage expectations in an effective manner.
Flexibility in schedule is required as the Director will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events.
• Increase awareness of Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University in Ontario & Western Canada, helping to build a broader donor base and to increase the frequency and level of donations.
• Proactively identify new leads and prospective donors for CFTAU, mainly in the Toronto area, but also elsewhere in Canada.
• Personally solicit gifts within the annual program and Special Campaigns, as well as cultivate and steward donors to maintain involvement, interest and support.
• Support the Executive Director in the strategy, cultivation and stewardship of donors independently or together, whether through background or foreground moves.
• Alongside the Executive Director train and support volunteers to identify prospects, how to cultivate and solicit in stand-alone or blended asks
• Undertake stewardship with major gift and annual donors, mainly in the Toronto area, but also elsewhere in Canada to delivering impact reports and supporting other stewardship efforts.
• Partner with the Executive Director on the planning, coordination, and delivery of engagement activities.
• Provide oversight and input into donor events and tactical support where required.
• Working in tandem with the Administrative Assistant to ensure effective processing and acknowledgement procedures for gifts and pledges, fund reporting, ensuring that funds are used for intended purposes, and preparing stewardship reports on an annual basis.
• Manage alumni initiatives, including ongoing identification, engagement, and management.
• Attending community and fundraising events to represent CFTAU.
• Assist in planning an annual trip to the Board of Governors and other TAU Events for volunteers and donors from across our region
• Provide industry knowledge, monitor trends, and implement best practices as appropriate.
For More Information
Please contact Stephen Adler, Executive Director, Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University (Ontario & Western Canada) at +1.416.787.6868 or firstname.lastname@example.org.